Thursday, February 10, 2011

MeDiA

           I believe that media is very important in my life. The media's influence is everywhere whether you acknowledge it or not. For the most part I embrace media but I try to stay away from the bad media that is all about celebrity gossip. The media types that I feel are most important to me are music and movies. I have many songs on my iPod and listen to it everyday. Music is a large part of my life. Another type of media that I am passionate about is movies. I love movies, especially horror movies. I watch at least 3 movies a week and have always wanted to direct a movie. In my opinion modern pop culture is a bit unnecessary. I enjoy new technology but I find that we are too involved with the online world and technology. I think that the amount of technology kids have access to now is ridiculous and that it is corrupting youth. I use media for entertainment and sometimes educational uses. I usually use it for entertainment though, like watching movies, or listening to music.

Favourite Movie: My favourite movie is either The Shining or The Social Network. I can't decide between the two because both movies are very different genres and from different eras. The Shining is a 1980's horror movie about a family who moves into a hotel only to have the father become possessed and attempt to kill his wife and son. I enjoy this movie because although it is old it is still entertaining and is a classic movie when it comes to the horror genre. I like the movie The Social Network because it shows the developement of the Facebook website and the challenges that came along while creating the site as well as the influence of facebook on society.



My Favourite Video Game: I love the original version Pacman game for the Nintendo 64 Game System. Pacman is a fun yet simple game where the goal is to eat as many dots as possible without running into any of the ghosts (Pinky, Inky Etc.) It is a very amusing game.

My Favourite Album: This was hard to decide because I love music but I think it would be a tie between Paramore's two albums; Brand New Eyes and All We Know is Falling. I like these two albums because I like every song on the album where with most artists I enjoy a song or two but not the entire album.

No comments:

Post a Comment