Tuesday, April 19, 2011

CitizenKaneInTheMembrane

Before we watched Citizen Kane in class I had already seen it once before when I was younger so I remembered a bit of the plot but I think re watching it helped me better understand it. I believe the film really was a masterpiece, the plot line and story of the movie is what makes it great. Most movies have a very blunt and straight forward story that begins with a problem and ends in a solution, clearly stating both. In Citizen Kane the solution and problem is more implicit since it is not clearly stated you have to place close attention while watching the film. To catch on to how and what "Rose Bud" really means and its importance to Kane, you need to look closely at the details of this film, using not only your eyes to watch and ears to listen but your mind as well to think about it and put the movie together. I think this movie deserves all the honour it receives, without it we may not have many modern day movies today. Citizen Kane reminded me a lot of the movie inception, most likely because it made you think. Maybe Inception was even based on this movie, we never know. Citizen Kane’s story line paved the way for movies today and helped make it a classic film.

No comments:

Post a Comment